[POM] Principles Of Management Apr/May 2011 Question paper
B.E / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION APRIL/MAY 2011
SIXTH SEMESTER – Civil Engineering
MG 2351 – PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
(Common to Aeronautical, Automobile Engineering,ECE and Mechanical Engineering)
( Regulation 2008 )
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
PART A – ( 10*2 = 20 marks)
1. Define Management.
2. Mention the role of Managers. (any two)
3. Define MBO.
5. Define organizing.
6. Mention any two merits of performance appraisal.
7. Define Motivation.
8. What is organisational culture?
9. Mention any two advantages of budgetary control system.
10. What is quality control?
PART B – (5*16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) Describe about the evoluation of management thought.
(b) Explain about the major tendencies favouring the development of a unified global theory of management.
12. (a) (i) What are the steps in the planning process? (8)
(ii) Mention any four advantages and four limitations of planning. (8)
(b) State and explain the common steps involved in a typical managerial decision making process.
13. (a) (i) Mention the factors which are responsible for the emergence of informal organizations. (8)
(ii) What are the steps involved in the process of delegation? (8)
(b) State and explain the basic steps involved in a typical selection procedure.
14. (a) (i) What are the basic leadership styles? Explain them critically. (8)
(ii) What are the barries to effective communication? (8)
(b) (i) Name the motivation theories. Explain any two of them. (8)
(ii) Discuss on the components of organizational culture? (8)
15. (a) (i) What are the steps involved in the process of controlling? (8)
(ii) Give an account of some popular non-budgetary control techniques. (8)
(b) (i) Define productivity and identify the problems involved in measuring the productivity of knowledge workers. (8)
(ii) What are the basic steps in planning the system in operations management. (8)
Download – POM question paper :