First year engineering students can download question paper of a “Fundamentals of computer programming“. This question paper was asked in B.E / B.Tech examination January 2009. This first years engineering question paper is for 2009 Regulation students.
B.E/B.Tech DEGREE EXAMINATION, Jan 2009
GE2112 – FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER PROGRAMMING
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks:100
PART A (10 x 2 = 20 MARKS )
1. State the characteristics of computers.
2. How will you classify computer systems?
3. Differentiate application software and systems software.
4. Name any two internet applications.
5. Draw a flowchart to find the maximum among the three numbers.
6. Name any four Application Software Packages.
7. Write the following conditions using “?:” operator.
4X +100 for x <40
Salary = 300 for x = 40
4.5x + 150 for x > 40
8. write the limitations of using get char() and scanf() functions for reading strings.
9. Define a C function to exchange the cotent of two variables.
10. Write the format of the following functions: (a) fseek (b) fopen.
PART B (5 x 16 = 80 MARKS )
11. (a) (i) Explain the evolution of computers.
(ii) With suitable diagram explain about computer organization
(b) With suitable example, explain about Number Systems.
12. (a) Explain the various types of software’s with suitable examples.
(b) Explain in detail about the software development steps.
13. (a) i) Draw a flowchart to multiply two matrices.
ii) Write the pseudo code to multiply two matrices.
(b) i) What is an algorithm? Write an algorithm to print even numbers from 2 to 100.
ii) Explain any 8 formatting features with an example for each.
14.a) i) Explain the various looping constructs. Give an example fo each and explain the working of the construct.
ii) Write a C program to find the sum of the series:
b) (i) Write a C program to print the given number in reverse order.
(ii) Explain any 2 constructs used for decision making. Give an example for each and explain the working of the construct.
15. a) Explain about the different parameter passing methods with examples.
b) Write notes on storage classes in C.
b) (i)Explain about structures and unions with suitable examples.
ii) Write notes on pointers