Anna university chennai’s Cryptography and network security May – June 2012 question paper is here to download for B.Tech Information Technology students. Its a free downloadable and hence no cost. It is only for students study purpose.
Question Paper Code : 13292
B.E / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2012
080250057 – CRYPTOGRAPHY AND NETWORK SECURITY
( Regulation 2008 )
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A – ( 10 * 2 = 20 Marks )
1. What do you mean by cryptanalysis?
2. What is difference between a block cipher and a stream cipher?
3. What is key distribution center?
4. Mention the application of public key cryptography.
5. Specify the requirements for message authentication.
6. What are the two important key issues related to authenticated key exchange?
7. What entities constitute a full-service Kerberos environment?
8. Why does ESP include a padding field?
9. What are the two types of audit records?
10. What is an access control matrix? What are its elements?
PART B – ( 5 * 16 = 80 marks )
11. (a) Explain about substitution and transposition techniques with two examples for each.
(b) What is the need for triple DES? Write the disadvantages of double DES and explain triple DES.
12. (a) Explain how the elliptic curves are useful for cryptography?
(b) In a public key system using RSA, you intercept the cipher text C=10 sent to a user whose public key is e=5, n=35. What is the plain text? Explain the above problem with an algorithm description.
13. (a) Write about the basic uses of MAC and list out the applications.
(b) with a neat sketch, explain signing and verifying functions of DSA.
14. (a) Describe briefly about X.509 authentication procedures. And also list out the drawbacks of X.509 version 2.
(b) Write about SSL and TLS.
15. (a) Explain about intrusion detection techniques in detail.
(b) Write about trusted systems in detail.