Anna university Chennai’s Computer Networks question paper free download for CSE and IT Engineering students. This computer networks November/December 2011 question paper is common to all Computer Science Engineering and Information technology students. Questions comes under the regulation of 2008. Feel free to download and make use of it.
B.E / B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 2302 – COMPUTER NETWORKS
(Common to Information Technology)
( Regulation 2008 )
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A – ( 10 * 2 = 20 Marks )
1. What is flow control?
2. Define Error detection and correction
3. What is CSMA/CD?
4. What is meant by bridge?
5. Define subneting.
6. What is multicasting?
7. What is TCP?
8. Define congestion.
9. What is Telnet?
10.State the purpose of SNMP.
PART B – (5×16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) Discuss the ISO OSI model.
(b) Explain the different types of multiplexing.
12. (a) Explain in detail about token ring and its frame format.
(b) Discuss the various, aspects of FDDI in detail.
13. (a) Compare circuit switching with packet switching.
(b) Discuss the notation, representation and address space of IPv6.
14. (a) Illustrate and explain UDP and its packet format.
(b) Explain in detail about TCP congestion avoidance algorithm.
15. (a) Discuss in detail about DNS and its frame format.
(b) Explain SMTP in detail.