Mainframe Technologies latest question paper is here to download. This Mainframe Technologies question paper’s pattern is Chennai Anna University. This question was asked in the current NOV/DEC 2011 B.Tech/IT batch. This Mainframe Technologies question was comes under the 2008 Regulation. This is free to all.
Your Mainframe Technologies Question Paper is Given Below :
B.E/B.TECH. DEGREE EXAMINATIONS: NOV/DEC 2011
SEVENTH SEMESTER: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
080250053- MAINFRAME TECHNOLOGIES
Time: 3 Hours Max Marks: 100
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS
- What are the attributes of mainframe systems?
- Mention the lacking elements in distributed systems.
- What do we mean by capacity?
- Define SLA.
- Give examples of redundancy built into modern computer hardware.
- What is the difference between integrity and security?
- Why don’t we place all our data on tape? It is less costly. What do we use?
- What is “random access to data”?
- Give the today’s console operation in system environment/
- Where z/OS components System Management Facilities (SMF) are used?
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS (5×16=80 Marks)
1. (a) Explain the typical mainframe workload with neat architecture.
(b) With an example explain the factors contributing to mainframe use.
2. (a) (i) Discuss the kinds of capacity measurements in mainframe systems.(8)
(ii) List and explain at least 3 elements of a system required for capacity planning and estimation.(8)
(b) (i) Explain the difference between a single server approach(mainframe philosophy) and a multiple server approach. List the advantages and disadvantages of each. (8)
(ii) Explain the dependency between an SLA and Capacity. (8)
3. (a) (i) State your understanding of a Coupling facility in a sysplex system installation and include a discussion of the three types of structures. (8)
(ii) Describe a “book” in reference to a z/Series machine. State the built-in advantages of a book. (8)
(b) How do the various SMS constructs such as Data classes, Management classes, and Storage classes work together to define data set attributes?
4. (a)(i) Discuss the characteristics of data placement and management. (8)
(ii) Explain Channel subsystem concept with neat diagram. (8)
(b)(i) Draw and explain DASD subsystem architecture. (8)
(ii) Write a short note on Control units. (8)
5. (a) State the various operation management schemes followed in z/OS environment.
(b) Write a short note on the following
(i) Self-healing. (8)
(ii) Self-configuring. (8)
***** ALL THE BEST *****
You Want To Download This Question Paper ?
Yes! Its Fully Free of Cost. Download Mainframe Technologies Question Paper.